This page provides you with storage ideas to help you better preserve your food & recipe ingredients. Many of these items help to protect items against pests, moisture, etc. They also help you to organize your pantry so it is easy to find things and have less “forgotten” things hiding in the back of the pantry.
As an Amazon Associate, this website earns from qualifying purchases. At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via the links below.
Food Storage & Preservation Equipment
- Airtight Containers – Airtight containers are designed to protect your food & recipe ingredients (i.e. flour & sugar) from pests, moisture and oxidization.
- Aluminum Foil – Many people like to wrap their baked goods in aluminum foil or plastic wrap before placing them in the freezer.
- Bread Boxes – Bread boxes are an old fashioned way to extend the freshness of bread and to prevent dust, pests, etc. from contaminating bread.
- Canning Jars – Canning is another way of preserving food. Often used to can homegrown vegetables, fruit, etc.
- Dehydrating Machines – Want to make your own dried cranberries or dried herbs? Than try drying out fruit, vegetables & herbs with a dehydrating machine. Great from anyone who grows food in a backyard garden, pots, etc.
- Freezer Bags – These plastic bags are used to seal out air when food is placed in the freezer. Helps to reduce freezer burn especially when the baked good is individually wrapped in aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
- Freezer Chests – People like to buy a freezer chest for extra storage (as many normal refrigerators have only a limited freezer section). Also a freezer chest does not waste energy by “dumping out” the cold air when opened (unlike a standing refrigerator).
- Pantry Cabinets – Is your pantry too small? You can buy stand-alone pantry cabinets to easily expand your pantry space. These are nice looking cabinets with lots of space and extra shelves & racks.
- Pantry Organizers – You can buy bins & racks to make your pantry more organized. This helps you to more easily find food & recipe ingredients as well as prevent spoilage (because there are less things are “forgotten” in the back of the pantry).
- Plastic Wrap – Many people like to wrap their baked goods in aluminum foil or plastic wrap before placing them in the freezer.
- Pickling Jars – These jars are used to pickle cucumbers, beans, etc.
- Sandwich Bags – Sandwich bags are used to temporarily protect food while traveling (i.e. protect a sandwich when going to school or work), etc. Large bags can be used to protect bread, baked goods, etc.
- Vacuum Sealing Machines – Vacuum sealing helps to preserve food.
“How To” Books
- Canning Food Books
- Dehydrating Food Books
- Fermenting Food Books
- Food Storage Books
- Freezing Food Books
- Pickling Food Books
- Emergency Food Storage & Survival Handbook: Everything You Need to Know to Keep Your Family Safe in a Crisis
- A Prepper’s Cookbook: Twenty Years of Cooking in the Woods
- The Prepared Prepper’s Cookbook: Over 170 Pages of Food Storage Tips, and Recipes From Preppers All Over America
- Wikipedia, Bread Box
- Wikipedia, Food Preservation
- Wikipedia, Food Storage