Here is our selection of the best artisan bread books. These highly rated bread cookbooks provide you with a huge variety of great tasting artisan bread recipes with easy-to-understand instructions and tons of beautiful pictures.
As you probably know, artisan bread is handmade specialty bread (often with unusual shapes and textures). Freshly made artisan bread tastes much better than packaged store bread. However, they can be a little harder to make then standard sandwich-type breads… so the books below will help you to learn how to make these more advanced artisan breads.
These cookbooks are sold via Amazon. At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via the links on this page. Thank you for your support! For more basic bread books, please visit Bread Dad’s section on Best Bread Making Books.
Great Artisan Bread Books – Our favorites!
- Flour Water Salt Yeast: The Fundamentals of Artisan Bread and Pizza -Rated 4 1/2 stars.
- The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day – Rated 4 1/2 stars.
- Artisan Sourdough Made Simple: A Beginner’s Guide to Delicious Handcrafted Bread with Minimal Kneading – Rated 5 stars.
- Peter Reinhart’s Artisan Breads Every Day – Rated 4 1/2 stars.
- Gluten-Free Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day – Rated 4 1/2 stars.
- The Bread Baker’s Apprentice, 15th Anniversary Edition: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread – Rated 5 stars.
- Living Bread: Tradition and Innovation in Artisan Bread Making – Rated 5 stars.
- Artisan Breads at Home (at Home with The Culinary Institute of America) – Rated 4 1/2 stars.
- 200 Fast and Easy Artisan Breads: No-Knead, One Bowl – Rated 4 1/2 stars.