These easy homemade bread recipes cover white bread, whole wheat bread, beer bread, French bread, Italian bread, oatmeal bread & many more. Homemade bread is so much better than semi-stale store bought bread! Your family will love the taste of these breads.. and you will love how easy it is to make these homemade bread recipes.
If you are looking for banana bread & sweet quick bread recipes (i.e. pumpkin bread & sweet cornbread), please visit Bread Dad’s main section on Quick Bread Recipes.
Bread Machine Italian Bread
Bread Recipes – This section covers oven-baked breads & bread machine breads.
- Beer Bread (Oven Baked) – This easy bread is perfect for your favorite beer lover!
- Breadsticks (Bread Machine) – This bread machine recipe allows you to easily make some delicious homemade breadsticks.
- Butter Bread (Bread Machine) – This is a great way to improve regular “boring” white bread.
- Buttermilk Bread (Bread Machine) – This bread machine buttermilk bread recipe creates a very soft white bread.
- Cheese Bread (Bread Machine) – This is a great tasting cheese bread that you can make with your bread machine.
- Chocolate Chip Bread (Bread Machine) – This is a fun recipe for bread that your children will love!
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread (Bread Machine) – This is a delicious breakfast bread.
- Cranberry Bread (Bread Machine) (with Chopped Walnuts)- This sandwich bread is made with dried cranberries & chopped walnuts. It is perfect as toast or used to make a special lunch sandwich.
- Cranberry & Golden Raisin Bread (Bread Machine) – A great tasting bread, especially for breakfast.
- French Bread (Bread Machine) – This bread machine recipe helps you to make a delicious French bread loaf or baguette.
- Garlic Bread (Bread Machine) – Here is a tasty & easy bread machine garlic bread recipe. It uses minced & sautéed garlic!
- Hardtack (Oven Baked) – A survival bread used by historic settlers, modern day survivalists, etc.
- Honey Wheat Bread (Bread Machine) – Here is an easy recipe for delicious bread machine honey wheat bread.
- Italian Bread (Bread Machine) – This recipe helps you to make a wonderful oval Italian bread. Perfect for a family dinner with lasagna, spaghetti, ravioli, etc.
- Italian Herb Bread (Bread Machine) – Great for Italian-style sandwiches such as Caprese sandwiches (Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil sandwiches).
- Jalapeno Cheese Bread (Bread Machine) – A spicier bread!
- Multigrain Bread (Bread Machine) – This hearty bread is made from multiple grains & seeds.
- Naan (Bread Machine) – This bread machine recipe creates naan (delicious Indian bread).
- No Yeast White Bread (Oven Baked) – Run out of yeast? No problem! This homemade bread recipe is made without any yeast.
- Oatmeal Bread (Bread Machine) – Delicious and good for the heart! Old fashioned oat flakes. This bread machine recipe page has instructions for 1.5 lb and 2 lb oatmeal bread loaves. This recipe only uses a bread machine. This is one of our most popular homemade bread recipes.
- Oatmeal Bread Instant Yeast (Oven Baked) – This recipe helps you to easily make some fantastic homemade oatmeal bread. This recipe uses a bread machine (or electric mixer) to make the dough and then the bread is finished in your oven.
- Onion Bread (Bread Machine) – This is one of my favorite sandwich breads as I love the taste of onion bread.
- Potato Bread (Bread Machine) – Potato bread is a light & fluffy white bread… and our recipe also has a hint of rosemary.
- Raisin Bread (Bread Machine) – This is a delicious raisin bread recipe that uses golden raisins.
- Rolls (Bread Machine) – Use your bread machine to create dinner rolls, hamburger buns, sandwich rolls, etc. This recipe creates a buttery Italian-style round roll.
- Rosemary Bread (Bread Machine) – This is one of our best smelling bread machine recipes!
- Rye Bread (Bread Machine) – Rye bread is used to make Reuben sandwiches, Rye Turkey Melts, classic Pastrami sandwiches, etc.
- Salt Crusted Bread (Bread Machine) – A delicious bread covered with large salt crystals.
- Tortilla (Flour) – This easy flour tortilla recipe creates a buttery tortilla that is perfect for homemade fajitas, quesadillas, etc. It is a delicious flatbread.
- Vegan Sandwich Bread Recipe (Oven Baked) – This delicious vegan bread is made with Italian herbs & olive oil. This vegan bread recipe uses a bread machine (or electric stand mixer) to make the dough and then the bread is finished in your oven.
- White Bread (Bread Machine) – This easy bread machine recipe is for a buttery white bread that your family will love for sandwiches or toast. This page has instructions for 1.5 lb and 2 lb white bread loaves. This white bread is mixed, kneaded & baked in your bread machine.
- White Bread Instant Yeast (Oven Baked) – Love white bread but hate the bread machine mixing paddle “hole”? Then try this recipe because it creates a buttery white bread without a bread machine hole in the bottom of the bread. It uses a bread machine (or electric stand mixer) to make the dough and then the bread is finished in your oven.
- Whole Wheat Bread (Bread Machine) – This is an easy recipe for whole wheat bread. Great for people who want more natural fiber in their diet. This recipe uses a 50/50 blend of whole wheat fiber and bread flour to create a softer whole wheat bread.
- 100% Whole Wheat Bread (Bread Machine) – This bread machine recipe produces a delicious 100% whole wheat bread with lots of wheat fiber.
- Bread Machine Calzone Dough – Make your own fantastic homemade calzones!
- Bread Machine Pizza Dough – This recipe helps you to make delicious homemade pizzas.
Want More Recipes?
100% Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
Homemade Bread Recipe Questions
Is homemade bread better than store bought bread?
With homemade bread, you know exactly what is going into your bread. You can screen out strange chemicals and preservatives. Moreover, homemade bread generally tastes better than store bought bread because it comes out fresh and warm from your oven or bread machine and has not been sitting on a supermarket shelf for days. Homemade bread also saves you time & money because you no longer need to run to the store in order to buy bread.
Is it easy to make bread?
Yes, it is very easy to make bread. The hardest part is probably the kneading of the dough. However, most people use a bread machine or an electric mixer with dough hook to mix & knead their bread dough. Then they bake the dough in an oven. Probably the easiest way to make bread is to use a bread machine in order to mix, knead and bake a bread. All you have to do is place the ingredients in the bread machine’s bread pan, enter the correct bread machine settings and press the start button… and then the bread machine does all of the rest of the work! If you are looking for bread machine ideas, here is Bread Dad’s section on Bread Machine Recipes.
Homemade Bread Recipes – Reference Sources