This page has tons of sweet quick bread recipes. It has recipes for banana bread, pumpkin bread, applesauce bread, cornbread, blueberry bread and many more great tasting quick bread varieties. As you probably know, “quick bread” recipes use faster rising baking soda and/or baking powder (versus slower rising bread yeast). This often results in a delicious muffin-like “bread” that rises & bakes more quickly than a sandwich-type bread that uses yeast. Sweet quick breads are perfect for snacks, breakfast treats or desserts.
Quick Bread Recipes – Blueberry Quick Bread
List of Sweet Quick Bread Recipes (Oven-Baked & Bread Machine Recipes)
- Apple – Applesauce Cranberry Bread (oven baked) – This quick bread is a delicious combination of applesauce and fresh cranberries.
- Apple – Bread Machine Apple Bread – This apple bread recipe uses chunky applesauce and chopped walnuts to create a fun, tasty & crunchy dessert.
- Banana – Blueberry Banana Bread (oven baked) – Blueberry banana bread is one of our favorite sweet quick bread recipes.
- Banana – Bread Machine Banana Bread – The “classic” version… just like Grandma’s banana bread but made with a bread machine!
- Banana – Bread Machine Blueberry Banana Bread
- Banana – Bread Machine Chocolate Chip Banana
- Banana – Bread Machine Cranberry Banana Bread
- Banana – Brown Sugar Banana Bread (oven baked)
- Banana – Buttermilk Banana Bread (oven baked) – This soft banana bread is a wonderful combination of buttermilk and sweet ripe bananas.
- Banana – Butterscotch Banana Bread (oven baked)
- Banana – Chocolate Banana Bread (oven baked) – This delicious & darker banana bread is made with chocolate chips & cocoa powder.
- Banana – Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (oven baked) – This banana bread uses delicious milk chocolate chips.
- Banana – Cinnamon Banana Bread
- Banana – Cranberry Banana Bread (oven baked) – An amazing combination of sweet bananas and slightly tart cranberries.
- Banana – Easy Banana Bread
- Banana – Eggless Banana Bread (oven baked) – Run out of eggs? Try this delicious eggless banana bread recipe.
- Banana – No Butter Banana Bread (oven baked) – Run out of butter? Try this great banana bread made with vegetable oil recipe.
- Banana – Oatmeal Banana Bread (oven baked)
- Banana – Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (oven baked)
- Banana – Raisin Banana Bread (oven baked) – This banana bread is made with juicy golden raisins.
- Banana – 2 Banana Bread (oven baked) – This “emergency” banana bread recipe is made with only 2 bananas.
- Banana – Vegan Banana Bread
- Banana – Walnut Banana Bread (oven baked) – One of our “nuttiest” sweet quick bread recipes.
- Banana – Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (oven baked) – A delicious whole wheat banana bread… stuffed with mini chocolate chips!
- Beer Bread – Easy Beer Bread (oven baked) – This easy quick bread is perfect for your favorite beer lover!
- Blueberry – Blueberry Quick Bread (with homemade whipped cream) – Your family will love this oven-baked blueberry quick bread. It also makes a great “flag cake” with blueberry stars and strawberry stripes.
- Cinnamon – Bread Machine Cinnamon Bread – This dessert recipe creates a tasty cinnamon “quick bread” stuffed with chocolate chips. Made with baking powder/soda.
- Cornbread – Bread Machine Cornbread – A sweet & buttery northern-style cornbread.
- Cranberry – Applesauce Cranberry Bread (oven baked) – This quick bread is a delicious combination of applesauce and fresh cranberries.
- Cranberry – Cranberry Bread with Dried Cranberries (oven baked) – This quick bread recipe uses dried cranberries in order to create a sweeter cranberry bread.
- Cranberry – Cranberry Bread with Fresh Cranberries (oven baked) – This delicious “quick bread” is made with juicy fresh cranberries and is bursting with flavor.
- Cranberry – Pumpkin Cranberry Bread (oven baked) – This sweet dessert is a wonderful combination of pumpkin & cranberries. Perfect for Thanksgiving, autumn festivals, etc.
- Gingerbread – Bread Machine Gingerbread – This bread machine gingerbread recipe is perfect for the holidays!
- Gluten Free – Gluten Free Blueberry Banana Bread (oven baked)
- Gluten Free – Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (oven baked) – Who doesn’t like chocolate??!
- Pumpkin – Bread Machine Pumpkin Bread – A deliciously sweet pumpkin quick bread… made with a bread machine.
- Pumpkin – Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread (oven baked) – This easy sweet quick bread recipe makes a delicious Thanksgiving dessert.
- Pumpkin – Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (oven baked) – A fantastic banana bread made with pumpkin puree & chocolate chips!
- Pumpkin – Pumpkin Cranberry Bread (oven baked) – This sweet dessert is a wonderful combination of pumpkin & cranberries. Perfect for Thanksgiving, autumn festivals, etc.
- Strawberry – Strawberry Quick Bread (with homemade whipped cream) – This oven-baked recipe creates a delicious strawberry “quick bread” stuffed with strawberries and topped with homemade whipped cream.
- Vegan – Vegan Banana Bread (oven baked) – This easy recipe creates a delicious & moist vegan banana bread.
- Vegan – Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (oven baked) – Here is a tasty vegan banana bread recipe. It is made with vegan chocolate chips and ripe bananas!
- Zucchini – Bread Machine Zucchini Bread – This bread machine zucchini bread is perfect as a snack. dessert or easy way to deliciously get rid of excess homegrown zucchinis!
Quick Bread Questions
What are quick breads?
Quick breads are baked goods that use baking soda and/or baking powder to rise. Examples of quick bread recipes include banana breads, pumpkin breads, cornbreads, zucchini breads and beer breads. Quick breads are usually a sweet muffin-like “bread” that is used as a dessert or snack.
Do you use yeast to make quick breads?
No, most sweet quick breads (such as banana bread) use baking soda and/or baking powder as their leavening agents. Yeast is a much slower rising leavening agent and is used to make sandwich-type breads and not sweeter “quick breads”.
What are examples of quick breads?
There are many examples of quick breads such as banana bread, zucchini bread, strawberry bread, blueberry bread, pumpkin bread, cranberry bread, beer bread, cornbread, gingerbread and applesauce bread. You will find tons of delicious quick bread recipes on this website.
Is pumpkin bread a type of quick bread?
Yes, most pumpkin breads are a type of sweet “quick bread”. They use baking soda/powder and lots of sugar to create a sweet pumpkin-flavored & muffin-like dessert or snack. Pumpkin breads are a perfect quick bread treat for Halloween, Thanksgiving and “harvest-based” special occasions.
Is cornbread a type of quick bread?
Yes, most cornbreads are a type of quick bread. Like other “quick breads” recipes, most cornbread recipes use baking powder/soda as the leavening agent and do not use bread yeast. Cornbread quick bread recipes generally focus on either savory (non-sweet) cornbreads or northern-style sweet cornbreads.
What can I use in a quick bread?
You can use tons of different main ingredients to make unique quick breads. For example, you can use fresh fruit (i.e. bananas or strawberries), dried fruit (i.e. raisins or dried cranberries), nuts (i.e. chopped walnuts), chocolate chips, etc. There are hundreds of different types of quick breads such as banana nut bread, pumpkin chocolate chip bread, dried cranberry bread, blueberry bread, butterscotch chip banana bread and many many more!
What baking powder does for quick bread?
Baking powder helps a quick bread to rise. Rather than using slowing rising bread yeast, quick breads use faster rising baking powder and/or baking soda as a leavening agent. The use of baking powder in a quick bread recipe results in a moist muffin-like dessert “bread” versus a drier sandwich-type bread. Baking powder also helps to reduce the overall time needed to make a quick bread (versus a sandwich bread) because there is no long wait for the yeast to rise. For more information on baking powder, you should read this Wikipedia article.
Can bread flour be used for quick breads?
Most quick bread recipes use all-purpose flour and not bread flour. All purpose flour is more often used to make sweet & moist baked goods such as muffins, cakes, etc. In contrast, since bread flour has more protein & gluten, it is more often used for making sandwich-type breads. While bread flour can be used as a substitute for all-purpose flour, the texture of the quick bread will not be as good. Therefore, I would suggest sticking to the type of flour called for in a recipe.
What makes quick breads quick?
Quick breads are quick because they use baking powder and/or baking soda and do not use slower rising bread yeast. This means that quick breads do not need any kneading and you do not have to wait for the dough to rise before placing it in the oven. You just mix the recipe ingredients and stick the quick bread in the oven to bake. Between prepping and baking, many quick bread recipes that use baking powder/soda take roughly 1:30 hours to finish. In contrast, breads made with yeast can take 3-4 hours to prep, wait for the dough to rise & bake.