This page has tons of quick bread recipes. It provides you with recipes for banana breads, pumpkin breads, applesauce breads, cornbreads, beer breads and many more great tasting quick bread varieties. As you probably know, quick bread recipes use faster rising baking soda and/or baking powder (versus slower rising bread yeast). This often results in a delicious muffin-like “bread” that rises & bakes more quickly than a sandwich-type bread that uses yeast. Sweet quick breads are perfect as a snack, breakfast treat or dessert.
Quick Bread Recipes (Oven-Baked Recipes)
- Applesauce Cranberry Bread – This is a wonderful combination of a very mild apple flavor with slightly tart cranberries.
- Blueberry Banana Bread – Blueberry banana bread is one of our favorite sweet quick bread recipes.
- Brown Sugar Banana Bread
- Cranberry Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – Who doesn’t like chocolate??!
- No Butter Banana Bread – Run out of butter? Try this great banana bread with vegetable oil recipe.
- Vegan Banana Bread – This is a moist & easy to make vegan banana bread recipe.
- Walnut Banana Bread – One of our “nuttiest” sweet quick bread recipes.
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread – A delicious whole wheat banana bread… stuffed with mini chocolate chips!
- And many more Banana Bread Variations – Over 30+ varieties of different banana bread recipes!
- Easy Beer Bread – This easy bread is perfect for your favorite beer lover!
- Blueberry Bread (with Homemade Whipped Cream) – Your family will love this blueberry quick bread. It also makes a great “flag cake” with blueberry stars and strawberry stripes.
- Sweet Cornbread Muffins – These sweet cornbread muffins are very easy to make and they are a great breakfast treat.
- Cranberry Bread with Dried Cranberries – This quick bread recipe uses dried cranberries in order to create a sweeter cranberry bread.
- Cranberry Bread with Fresh Cranberries – This delicious “quick bread” is made with juicy fresh cranberries and is bursting with flavor.
No Yeast Bread
- No Yeast White Bread – Run out of yeast? No problem! This white bread is made without any yeast.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread – This easy sweet quick bread recipe makes a delicious Thanksgiving dessert.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – A fantastic banana bread made with pumpkin puree & chocolate chips!
- Pumpkin Cranberry Bread – This sweet dessert is a wonderful combination of pumpkin & cranberries. Perfect for Thanksgiving, autumn festivals, etc.
- Strawberry Bread (with Homemade Whipped Cream) – This recipe creates a delicious strawberry “quick bread” stuffed with strawberries and topped with homemade whipped cream.
Quick Bread Recipes for Bread Machines
- Bread Machine – Banana Bread – The “classic” version… just like Grandma’s banana bread but made with a bread machine!
- Bread Machine – Blueberry Banana Bread
- Bread Machine – Chocolate Chip Banana
- Bread Machine – Cranberry Banana Bread
- Bread Machine – Cornbread – Sweet & buttery! A very easy sweet quick bread recipe for bread machines.
- Bread Machine – Jalapeno Cornbread – This is a savory (non-sweet) cornbread made with jalapenos & cheese.
- Bread Machine – Pumpkin Bread – A deliciously sweet pumpkin quick bread… made with a bread machine.
Quick Bread – Muffin Recipes
Banana Bread Muffins
- Banana Nut Bread Muffins – Here is an easy recipe for some great walnut banana muffins.
- Blueberry Banana Bread Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins – These delicious banana bread muffins are made with mini chocolate chips.
- Cranberry Banana Muffins – These great tasting muffins are a wonderful combination of sweet ripe bananas and slightly tart cranberries.
- No Butter Banana Muffins – Great banana muffins… made without any butter.
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins – This muffin recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving and Halloween.
- And visit our Easy Muffin Recipes section for many more delicious muffin recipes.
Quick Bread Questions
What are quick breads?
Quick breads are baked goods that use baking soda and/or baking powder to rise. Examples of quick bread recipes include banana breads, pumpkin breads, cornbreads, zucchini breads and beer breads. Quick breads are usually a sweet muffin-like “bread” that is used as a dessert or snack.
Do you use yeast to make quick breads?
No, most sweet quick breads (such as banana bread) use baking soda and/or baking powder as their leavening agents. Yeast is a much slower rising leavening agent and is used to make sandwich-type breads and not sweeter “quick breads”.
What are examples of quick breads?
There are many examples of quick breads such as banana bread, zucchini bread, strawberry bread, blueberry bread, pumpkin bread, cranberry bread, beer bread, cornbread, gingerbread and applesauce bread. You will find tons of delicious quick bread recipes on this website.
Is pumpkin bread a type of quick bread?
Yes, most pumpkin breads are a type of sweet “quick bread”. They use baking soda/powder and lots of sugar to create a sweet pumpkin-flavored & muffin-like dessert or snack. Pumpkin breads are a perfect quick bread treat for Halloween, Thanksgiving and “harvest-based” special occasions.
Is cornbread a type of quick bread?
Yes, most cornbreads are a type of quick bread. Like other “quick breads” recipes, most cornbread recipes use baking powder/soda as the leavening agent and do not use bread yeast. Cornbread quick bread recipes generally focus on either savory (non-sweet) cornbreads or northern-style sweet cornbreads.
What can I use in a quick bread?
You can use tons of different main ingredients to make unique quick breads. For example, you can use fresh fruit (i.e. bananas or strawberries), dried fruit (i.e. raisins or dried cranberries), nuts (i.e. chopped walnuts), chocolate chips, etc. There are hundreds of different types of quick breads such as banana nut bread, pumpkin chocolate chip bread, dried cranberry bread, blueberry bread, butterscotch chip banana bread and many many more!
What baking powder does for quick bread?
Baking powder helps a quick bread to rise. Rather than using slowing rising bread yeast, quick breads use faster rising baking powder and/or baking soda as a leavening agent. The use of baking powder in a quick bread recipe results in a moist muffin-like dessert “bread” versus a drier sandwich-type bread. Baking powder also helps to reduce the overall time needed to make a quick bread (versus a sandwich bread) because there is no long wait for the yeast to rise. For more information on baking powder, you should read this Wikipedia article.
Can bread flour be used for quick breads?
Most quick bread recipes use all-purpose flour and not bread flour. All purpose flour is more often used to make sweet & moist baked goods such as muffins, cakes, etc. In contrast, since bread flour has more protein & gluten, it is more often used for making sandwich-type breads. While bread flour can be used as a substitute for all-purpose flour, the texture of the quick bread will not be as good. Therefore, I would suggest sticking to the type of flour called for in a recipe.
What makes quick breads quick?
Quick breads are quick because they use baking powder and/or baking soda and do not use slower rising bread yeast. This means that quick breads do not need any kneading and you do not have to wait for the dough to rise before placing it in the oven. You just mix the recipe ingredients and stick the quick bread in the oven to bake. Between prepping and baking, many quick bread recipes that use baking powder/soda take roughly 1:30 hours to finish. In contrast, breads made with yeast can take 3-4 hours to prep, wait for the dough to rise & bake.
- Wikipedia, Banana Bread, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_bread
- Wikipedia, Cornbread, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornbread
- Wikipedia, Quick Bread, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quick_bread