Here are 60+ delicious bread machine recipes. You will find recipes for banana bread, white bread, oatmeal bread, pizza dough, French bread, etc. These easy bread machine recipes allow you to make a huge variety of delicious bread machine breads & desserts.
My recipes have very detailed written instructions as well as tons of extra tips that help you deal with common bread machine problems. I am also slowly rolling out recipe videos to supplement our written recipe instructions. If you are interested, you can watch a couple of these recipe videos below.
Popular Bread Dad Bread Machine Recipes
Complete List of our Bread Machine Recipes
- All Purpose Flour Bread – This all purpose flour bread machine recipe creates a delicious old-fashioned country white bread.
- Apple Bread – This bread machine recipe uses applesauce and chopped walnuts to create a tasty & crunchy dessert.
- Bagels – Use your bread machine to make delicious homemade bagels. This recipe shows you how to make poppy seed bagels, onion bagels, everything bagels, etc.
- Banana Bread – Bread machine banana bread is a wonderful dessert or breakfast snack. It is moist & delicious.
- Bacon Bread – The perfect bread for BLT sandwiches!
- Breadsticks – This bread machine recipe allows you to easily make some delicious homemade breadsticks.
- Butter Bread – This is a great way to improve regular “boring” white bread.
- Buttermilk Bread – You will love this bread machine buttermilk bread recipe. It creates a great tasting & very soft white bread. This recipe uses a bread machine to make the dough & bake the bread. No oven involved.
- Buttermilk Bread (Oven Baked) – Love buttermilk bread but hate the bread machine mixing paddle “hole”? Then try this recipe because it helps you to easily make homemade buttermilk bread without a bread machine hole in the bottom. This buttermilk bread recipe uses a bread machine to make the dough. The bread is finished in your oven.
- Cake Bread – This delicious bread is part cake and part bread. It is not a cake but a great tasting bread that can be used for breakfast or sandwiches.
- Calzone Dough – Here is an easy bread machine recipe to help you to make delicious homemade calzones.
- Cheese Bread – This is a great tasting cheese bread that you can make with your bread machine.
- Chocolate Cake – Here is an easy bread machine recipe to make a fun chocolate cake.
- Chocolate Chip Bread – This is a fun recipe for bread that your children will love!
- Cinnamon Bread – This dessert recipe creates a tasty cinnamon “quick bread” stuffed with chocolate chips. Made with baking powder/soda.
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread – This is a delicious bread machine cinnamon raisin bread. Made with yeast. Great for breakfast.
- Cornbread – This sweet & buttery cornbread is one of my favorite breakfast snacks!
- Country White Bread – This all purpose flour bread machine recipe makes a fantastic old fashioned country white bread.
- Cranberry Walnut Bread – This sandwich bread is stuffed with dried cranberries & chopped walnuts. It is perfect as toast or used to make an extra special sandwich. This bread is mixed, kneaded & baked in your bread machine.
- Cranberry Walnut Bread (Oven Baked) – This sandwich bread recipe helps you to make cranberry walnut bread without a bread machine hole in the bottom. This cranberry walnut bread recipe uses a bread machine to make the dough. The bread is finished in your oven.
- Cranberry & Golden Raisin Bread – A great tasting bread, especially for breakfast.
- Dairy Free Bread – This easy bread recipe is made without butter or milk. The recipe also has instructions on how to bake it in your oven or bread machine.
- Flaxseed Bread – A savory sandwich bread which uses ground flaxseed in order to add extra fiber to your diet. This recipe uses a bread machine to make the dough. The bread is finished in your oven.
- French Bread (Oven Baked) – This bread machine recipe helps you to make a delicious French bread loaf or baguette. This recipe uses a bread machine to make the dough. The bread is finished in your oven.
- Garlic Bread – Here is a tasty & easy bread machine garlic bread recipe. It uses minced & sautéed garlic!
- Gingerbread – This bread machine gingerbread recipe is perfect for the holidays!
- Gluten Free Banana Bread – A delicious banana bread made with gluten free flour and your bread machine.
- Greek Yogurt Bread (Oven Baked) – This Greek yogurt bread produces a very soft sandwich bread. In my opinion, it tastes even better if you use a fruit flavored Greek yogurt. This recipe uses a bread machine to make the dough. The bread is finished in your oven.
- Hamburger Buns – NEW – This recipe shows you how to make delicious homemade hamburger buns with your bread machine. It also provides details on how to add bun toppings such as sesame seeds, onion flakes, poppy seeds, etc.
- High Fiber Bread – NEW – This high fiber bread recipe is made with whole wheat flour and golden flaxseed meal. The page has instructions on how to bake the bread in your oven or in your bread machine.
- Honey Oat Bread – NEW – A delicious bread with natural oat fiber! The recipe has instructions on how to bake this honey bread in your oven or in your bread machine.
- Honey Wheat Bread – Here is an easy recipe for delicious bread machine honey wheat bread.
- Honey White Bread – This recipe creates delicious & soft white bread with the natural sweetness of honey. It has instructions on how to bake the honey bread in your oven or in your bread machine. So there are two great ways to make this bread!
- Italian Bread (Oven Baked) – This recipe helps you to make a wonderful oval Italian bread. Perfect for a family dinner with lasagna, spaghetti, ravioli, etc. This recipe uses a bread machine to make the dough. The bread is finished in your oven.
- Italian Herb Bread – Great for Italian-style sandwiches such as Caprese sandwiches (Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil sandwiches).
- Jalapeno Cheese Bread – A spicier bread!
- Jalapeno Cornbread – This is a savory (non-sweet) cornbread made with jalapenos & cheese.
- Multigrain Bread – This hearty bread machine bread is made from multiple grains & seeds. This recipe uses a bread machine to make the dough & bake the bread. No oven involved.
- Multigrain Bread (Oven Baked) – This is the “oven version” of our popular bread machine multigrain recipe. Same great taste but no bread machine mixing paddle “hole” in the loaf. This multigrain bread recipe uses a bread machine to make the dough. The bread is finished in your oven.
- Naan – Love Indian food? Then try this easy bread machine naan recipe.
- Oat Nut Bread – Oat nut bread is one of my favorite sandwich breads. I love to make chicken salad sandwiches with oat nut bread. Yum!! My recipe page has instructions on how to bake the oat nut bread in your oven or bread machine. It has two great ways to make this bread.
- Oatmeal Bread (Bread Machine) – Delicious and good for the heart! Old fashioned oat flakes. This bread machine recipe page has instructions for 1.5 lb and 2 lb oatmeal bread loaves. This recipe uses a bread machine to make the dough & bake the bread. No oven involved.
- Oatmeal Sandwich Bread (Oven Baked) – Love oatmeal bread but hate the bread machine mixing paddle “hole”? Then try this recipe because it helps you to easily make some fantastic homemade oatmeal bread without a bread machine hole in the bottom. This oatmeal bread recipe uses a bread machine to make the dough. The bread is finished in your oven.
- Onion Bread – This is one of my favorite sandwich breads as I love the taste of onion bread.
- Pizza Dough – Make your own homemade pizza versus buying stale supermarket frozen pizza or expensive delivery pizza. FYI – You can use bread flour or all purpose flour to make this pizza dough recipe.
- Pizza Dough (Whole Wheat) – This bread machine whole wheat pizza dough recipe is a fun & tasty way to sneak some natural fiber into your family’s diet.
- Pound Cake – This bread machine pound cake recipe creates a great tasting & buttery pound cake.
- Potato Bread – Potato bread is a light & fluffy white bread… and our recipe also has a hint of rosemary.
- Pumpkin Bread – A sweet, orange & delicious pumpkin bread… made with a bread machine. Perfect for Thanksgiving, Halloween, autumn harvest events, etc.
- Raisin Bread – This is a delicious raisin bread recipe that uses golden raisins.
- Rolls – Use your bread machine to create dinner rolls, hamburger buns, sandwich rolls, etc. This recipe creates a buttery Italian-style round roll.
- Rosemary Bread – This is one of our best smelling bread machine recipes!
- Rye Bread – Rye bread is used to make Reuben sandwiches, Rye Turkey Melts, classic Pastrami sandwiches, etc.
- Salt Crusted Bread – A fun bread covered with large salt crystals.
- Seed Bread – This is an easy & crunchy sandwich bread made with sunflower, flax and chia seeds. My recipe page has instructions on how to bake the seed bread in your oven or bread machine.
- Sourdough Bread – Create delicious sourdough bread with your bread machine.
- Vegan Bread Recipe (Oven Baked) – This tasty vegan bread is made with Italian herbs & olive oil. This vegan bread recipe uses a bread machine to make the dough. The bread is finished in your oven.
- White Bread (Bread Machine) – Extra Buttery – This easy bread machine recipe is for a buttery white bread that your family will love for sandwiches or toast. White bread is one of our visitors’ favorite bread machine recipes. This white bread is mixed, kneaded & baked in your bread machine. No oven involved.
- White Bread (Bread Machine) – Extra Soft – This bread machine recipe creates an extra soft white bread because it uses Greek yogurt to tenderize the gluten in the bread. This recipe is different than the buttery white bread recipe listed above.
- White Bread (Instant Yeast) (Oven Baked) – Love white bread but hate the bread machine mixing paddle “hole”? Then try this recipe because it creates a buttery white bread without a bread machine hole in the bottom of the bread. This recipe uses a bread machine to make the dough and then the bread is finished in your oven. However, please use our regular white bread recipe (listed above) if you want to finish the bread in your bread machine.
- Soft White Bread (Oven Baked) – This bread recipe uses sour cream to create an extra soft white bread. You mix & knead the dough in your bread machine and then bake it in the oven.
- Whole Wheat Bread – This is an easy bread machine recipe for whole wheat bread. Great for people who want more natural fiber in their diet. This recipe uses a 50/50 blend of whole wheat fiber and bread flour to create a softer whole wheat bread. This whole wheat bread is mixed, kneaded & baked in your bread machine. No oven involved.
- Soft Whole Wheat Bread (Oven Baked) – This whole wheat bread recipe produces a soft sandwich bread because it uses a 50/50 blend of whole wheat flour and bread flour. Kids love this whole wheat bread! The recipe uses a bread machine to make the dough and then the bread is finished in your oven.
- 100% Whole Wheat Bread – This bread machine recipe produces a delicious 100% whole wheat bread with lots of wheat fiber.
- Zucchini Bread – This bread machine zucchini bread is perfect as a snack. dessert or easy way to deliciously get rid of excess homegrown zucchinis!
If you liked one of our recipes, please leave a comment below. It is ALWAYS great to hear from someone who has enjoyed our recipes!! Jump to comment section
FYI – I am slowly rolling out recipe videos to supplement my written recipe instructions. Below are several of my recipe videos.
Recipe Video for Bread Machine Banana Bread
Recipe for Buttery Bread Machine White Bread
Recipe Video for Soft Bread Machine Whole Wheat Bread
Recipe Video for Cinnamon Raisin Bread
|Subscribe to Bread Dad’s recipe newsletter|
Bread Maker Recipes – Questions & Answers
What is a bread machine?
A bread machine (or bread maker) is a device that is used to make bread at home. Home bakers just need to follow a bread machine recipe, add the appropriate ingredients (i.e. water, flour and yeast) and the bread machine does the rest of the work. It kneads and bakes the bread for you.
Bread machines can make a number of different sandwich-type breads (such as white bread, oatmeal bread, multigrain bread and whole wheat bread). They can also make a wide variety of other baked goods such as banana bread, pumpkin bread, pizza dough, bagels, etc.
How long does bread take to bake in a bread machine?
It generally takes 3-4 hours to bake sandwich-type breads in a bread machine depending on the type of bread, size of bread and bread machine used. Read the instructions included with your bread machine and the bread machine recipe that you are following for the exact time length. Be aware that sweet quick breads (i.e. banana bread) that use baking powder/soda take less time in the bread machine than regular breads that use yeast to rise.
How do I keep my bread machine bread fresh?
Since you are not adding strange chemicals & preservatives to your delicious homemade bread machine bread, it won’t last long on the counter. Moreover, in a hot and humid environment, bread machine bread will spoil even quickly. If your family does not plan to eat the bread in a day or two, it should be frozen and stored in your freezer. We love to toast our bread when it comes out of the freezer.
What is bread machine yeast?
Bread machine yeast is a rapid rise or instant yeast. The bread machine yeast is made up of very small granules that dissolve quickly in the dough. This allows the bread machine yeast to grow quickly and produce a higher level of carbon dioxide output. In turn, this carbon dioxide helps to generate a faster rise of the bread dough.
For more information on bread yeast, you should read Wikipedia’s section on Baker’s Yeast.
How long does bread machine yeast last?
In its original unopened container, bread machine yeast will last for 2+ years. However, look for the expiration date on the container because bread machine yeast may have been sitting on the store shelf for a while and might have used up a portion of its normal shelf life. If the bread machine yeast container has been opened, it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 months or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Do I have to use bread machine yeast?
Yes. If the recipe calls for bread machine yeast then you should use it. If you exclude the yeast then the bread will have difficulty rising. Bread machine yeast is a rapid rising yeast designed to work well with bread machines. This helps to save time when making bread and makes the bread making process even easier with a bread machine (because there isn’t a separate yeast activation phase). All you have to do is add the bread machine yeast to the other recipe ingredients and turn the bread machine on.
Can you make bagels with a bread machine?
Yes, you can make delicious homemade bagels with a bread machine. The bread machine will make the bagel dough and then you need to handshape the dough into bagels, boil the bagel dough and finally bake the dough in your oven. It is easy to make a wide variety of bread machine bagels such as poppy seed bagels, onion bagels, garlic bagels, everything bagels, etc.
Can you use all-purpose flour in a bread machine?
Yes. You can use all-purpose flour to make many sandwich-type breads (i.e. you are out of bread flour). However, for the best results, you should follow the recipe instructions exactly and use bread flour if it is called for in the recipe. Bread flour has more gluten and thus helps to give a slightly higher rise to the bread. Gluten helps to trap the carbon dioxide released by the yeast. This results in bread made with all-purpose flour not rising as well as bread made with bread flour. Therefore, a white bread made with all-purpose flour is likely to be less “fluffy” than a white bread made with bread flour.
Nevertheless, all-purpose flour usually (but not always) works adequately in most bread maker recipes that call for bread flour. In addition, some bread machine recipes (i.e. banana bread recipes) use all-purpose flour and not bread flour. Make sure to read the recipe correctly in order to achieve the best results.
For more on the difference between all-purpose flour and bread flour, you should read this Wikipedia article.
What order do I put ingredients in bread machine?
Always follow the bread machine recipe instructions. Most bread machine recipes will tell you to place the liquid ingredients (i.e. water or milk) in the bread machine baking pan first. This allows the mixing paddle to more easily stir the bread mixture versus starting with the dry ingredients. You should put the bread machine yeast in last so it does not touch the recipe’s liquid ingredients until the bread machine is turned on.
What kind of water should I use in a bread machine recipe?
You can use any type of drinkable water. We tend to use bottled water because tap water can contain too many minerals (i.e. calcium carbonate). However, you can also use many other types of liquids in order to make your bread such as milk, orange juice, apple juice, etc. Experiment with different milks & fruit juices in order to make better tasting or more unique breads.
What are the five main ingredients in quick breads?
The five main ingredients in quick breads are flour, a leavening agent (i.e. baking soda), eggs, a fat (i.e. butter, margarine or vegetable oil) and a liquid (i.e. water or milk). Unlike more traditional sandwich breads, quick breads do not use yeast. Beyond these five main ingredients, quick bread recipes will include additional ingredients (i.e. bananas) in order to provide flavor. Quick breads are more muffin-like dessert type breads. They are not sandwich breads. Examples of quick breads include banana bread, pumpkin bread, gingerbread and carrot bread.
Why are eggs added to some bread recipes?
Eggs are added to some bread maker recipes because they help to the bread to rise. They help to create a softer and fluffier bread because eggs act as a leavening agent. However, eggs can cause a bread to rise too much if you add it to a bread recipe where eggs are not called for.
The interior of my bread machine pan is starting to flake off. What should I do?
If the interior of the bread machine bread pan is starting to flake off, you should replace the bread pan. You do not want your family eating small metal or Teflon flakes in their bread. When looking for a replacement, you should make sure to find a bread pan designed for your specific bread machine model. Otherwise, it might not fit or operate properly. You can find many common bread machine replacement parts (i.e. mixing paddle or bread pan) on Amazon.
If you need a new bread machine, you should check out the page on Bread Dad’s favorite bread machines.
My bread did not rise in the bread machine. What went wrong?
If your bread machine bread did not rise, it could be due to “dead” yeast, not following the recipe’s instructions correctly, etc. If you are using an already open bottle of bread machine yeast that hasn’t been touched for months, the yeast could have expired. Also if you use very cold or very hot water/milk, you can kill the yeast or stunt the growth of the yeast. Moreover, if you do not follow the recipe instructions correctly (i.e. use the wrong type of flour or yeast, add too much or too little salt, “eyeball” vs measuring the exact amount of the liquid ingredients, etc.), you can have a variety of problems (i.e. the bread does not rise properly, rises too much, suffers a bread “collapse”, etc).
For more information on bread collapses and potential solutions, please read Dread Dad’s page on Bread Machine Bread Collapses.
What are the benefits of a bread machine?
Bread machines have tons of benefits such as the ability to easily create your own delicious homemade bread, the ability to screen out weird chemicals & preservatives from your bread, there is no need to run to the supermarket for fresh bread during bad weather, etc. For many more benefits, please read Bread Dad’s List of Bread Machine Benefits.
Besides bread, what can you make with a bread machine?
Besides delicious homemade sandwich-type breads, a bread machine can help you to make pizza dough, banana bread, cakes, jams & jellies, etc. Read the instructions included with your bread machine in order to get a better idea of the many different food products that you can create with your specific bread machine. You can find hundreds of different bread maker recipes online.
Can I make cakes with a bread machine?
Yes, you can make cakes and sweet quick breads with most bread machines. On Bread Dad, you will find recipes for bread machine chocolate cake, bread machine banana bread, bread machine pound cake, bread machine pumpkin bread and many more bread machine desserts. However, be aware that some very basic bread machines can only make sandwich-type bread (and can not make banana bread, cakes, etc.).
Can you make bread machine bread without salt?
If you remove the salt from bread machine bread recipes that have salt as an ingredient, the yeast is likely to rise faster and higher than planned. This could cause the bread to collapse (where the bread rises too high and then collapses in the middle). If you want to remove salt from your family’s diet, please look for no salt bread machine recipes where the salt free recipe has already been tested.
Can I make any bread recipe in a bread machine?
Unfortunately, you can not use all bread recipes in a bread machine. Oven baked bread recipes often differ from bread machine baked bread recipes in terms of loaf sizes, baking temperatures, length of time used for baking, yeast & kneading requirements, etc. Most of oven-baked bread recipes need to be modified in order to be baked properly in a bread machine.
Sometimes my bread dough is a little too dry or a little too wet?
Occasionally, the humidity and temperature of your kitchen can throw things off slightly. If the dough looks too dry after the first kneading, you can try adding a tablespoon of water/milk. If the dough looks too wet after the first kneading, you can try adding a tablespoon of flour. Of course, this assumes that you are following a website’s bread machine recipe exactly versus “eyeballing” the ingredients called for in the recipe.
My bread machine doesn’t have a quick setting. Can I still make a banana bread with a bread machine?
Some basic bread machine models only have a limited number of settings. These models may not have a quick (quick bread) setting which is designed for recipes that use faster rising baking soda/powder versus slow rising yeast. If your bread machine lacks a quick (quick bread) setting then the banana bread might burn (as the other settings generally have longer baking cycles). They are geared towards yeast breads (i.e. sandwich breads) that don’t rise as quickly as baking soda/powder breads (i.e. banana bread). More tips on finding the right bread machine setting for banana breads, please read the tips section of our bread machine banana bread recipe.
You should check your bread machine’s manual/instructions to see if it has a setting for quick breads or if you can customize the mixing & baking cycles. If not, you should try one of our easy oven-baked banana bread variations. Bread Dad has many easy recipes for oven-baked banana breads such as classic banana bread, blueberry banana bread, chocolate chip banana bread, etc.
I have lost my bread machine instructions. What do I do?
If you have lost or misplaced your bread machine instructions, you should check online. Many bread machine manufacturers have placed their instruction manuals on their websites. Just do a search for your bread machine manufacturer and include the word “instructions” (i.e. XYZ bread machine instructions).
These online manufacturer instruction manuals should tell you how to operate your bread machine safely and effectively. They also often contain many basic bread maker recipes that will work with your specific model of bread machine.
Can you buy bread machine mixes?
Yes, you can buy bread machine mixes. You can find bread machine mixes for many different types of bread machine breads and desserts. These mixes contain most of the ingredients needed to make a bread machine recipe. You can find bread machine mixes in online specialty stores and large online retailers such as Amazon and Walmart. However, these packages are more expensive than buying the separate ingredients by yourself. Moreover, in my opinion, it is more fun to make your own homemade bread with fresh ingredients versus relying on a bread machine mix of questionable age.
To learn more about prepackaged mixes, please visit our bread machine mixes page.
Can you make bread machine bread without the mixing hole?
Yes, you can make bread machine bread without the mixing hole (mixing paddle hole). Rather than baking the bread in your bread machine, you will just use the bread machine to make dough. After creating the dough, you will need to place the dough in a bread pan and then bake it in an oven. If you would like see the exact details on how this is done, you might like to review our buttery white bread (instant yeast) recipe (because it uses a bread machine to create the dough and then the bread is baked in an oven).
Why is my bread so dense?
If your bread comes out too dense, it is likely due to one of the following reasons:
- You are measuring the ingredients incorrectly.
- You are using old or stale yeast.
- You are using a cold refrigerator temperature liquid (which slows yeast growth).
- You are baking in a cold winter temperature kitchen (yeast likes kitchen temps of 75-80 degree F).
- You are using all purpose flour (versus bread flour if called for in the recipe).
- You are placing salt on top of or next to the yeast (salt kills yeast so it must be placed away from the yeast in the bread pan).
- For more reasons, you should visit Bread Dad’s Why Is My Bread Machine Bread So Dense? page.
If you liked one of our recipes, please leave a comment below. It is ALWAYS great to hear from someone who has enjoyed our recipes!! Jump to comment section
|Follow Bread Dad on YouTube|
60+ Delicious Bread Machine Recipes
- Yeast or Baking Powder/Soda (leavening agents)
- See individual recipes for other ingredients required
- To make these recipes, you will need to have a bread machine.
- Please see the specific recipes in order to see the ingredients, bread machine settings and time required to make these baked goods.
Visitors – Beginning bakers learn a ton from your helpful suggestions, tips and amazing recipe variations. Thank you!
Please leave a comment & recipe rating in the comment box below. Thanks!