Here is a list of essential bread machine ingredients that you need to make great tasting & healthy bread. These ingredients are necessary in order to make a large variety of breads such as onion bread, potato bread, oatmeal bread, etc. Keep these ingredients as a permanent part of your pantry. This will allow you quickly make a wide array of tasty breads in order to feed your hungry family.
You should also try to find the freshest ingredients (i.e. farmer’s market or grocery’s organic produce section) in order to make the great tasting bread (i.e. freshly grown herbs taste much better than some generic 2 year old store brand of dried spices). In order to have the freshest & best tasting breads, we even like to grow some of our basic ingredients (i.e. chives) in our garden. FYI – We have also listed some common bread herb seeds below.
If you are looking for essential breading making equipment (i.e. bread machines, panini grills and cooling racks), please visit our Bread Making Equipment section.
For great bread recipes that utilize these essential ingredients, please visit Bread Dad’s main Bread Machine Recipes section. This page contains Amazon affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via any affiliate links below. Thank you for your support!
Bread Machine – Ingredients
- Bread Machine Yeast – The most essential bread machine ingredient!!!
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Bran – Bran is an easy way to add fiber & roughage to your bread.
- Dried Fruit
- Eggs – Buy organic eggs via your local supermarket. Eggs might not be the best candidates for a company’s free shipping. 🙂
- Molasses – People love or hate the flavor of molasses. We like it (in moderation) and molasses provides your bread with a great brown color.
- Oatmeal – I generally use one minute oatmeal in my recipes. However, if you want oatmeal with more “crunch”, you can try some “old fashion” oatmeal.
- Organic Flour
- Instant Mashed Potato – Mash potatoes are often used to make very fluffy potato bread.
- Chives – We grow our own chives in our backyard for a truly natural & organic ingredient. Of course, if you want the easy route, there are dried chives too. 🙂
- Garlic Powder
- Ginger – If there isn’t any ginger then there can’t be any gingerbread!!
- Italian Seasonings – This is is my favorite spice for Italian style breads. It is a mix of spices such as oregano, sage, rosemary and thyme.
- Onion Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes – If you want to add a little zing to your bread.
- Rosemary – Very tasty herb for making rosemary breads or Italian style breads.
- Other Baking Ingredients
Bread Herb Seeds – Grow your own herbs for the freshest bread ingredients!
- Basil Seeds
- Chive Seeds
- Cilantro Seeds
- Dill Seeds
- Mint Seeds
- Oregano Seeds
- Rosemary Seeds
- Sage Seeds
- Thyme Seeds