Here is a handy baking measurement calculator and conversion table. These will help you to convert cups to tablespoons, millilitres, etc. This information is for people using international recipe measurement systems (versus the American baking measuring system) or for people who need to convert cup fractions of ingredients to tablespoons, etc. The calculator link is located at the bottom of the page.
If you need measuring tools (i.e. measuring cups & measuring spoons), please visit our section on essential baking tools. Or if you are looking for great & easy-to-make recipes, please visit our sections on bread machine recipes, banana bread recipes, quick bread recipes, muffin recipes, etc.
American Recipe Volume Measurements – not weight measurements
Bananas Converted to Cups
- 3 medium-sized bananas equal roughly 1 to 1 1/3 cups of mashed bananas (not sliced).
- 3 large-sized bananas equal roughly 1 1/2 to 1 2/3 cups of mashed bananas (not sliced).
- Of course, banana sizes can vary greatly… and my version of medium and large-sized bananas may differ from yours!
- This banana conversion “data” is useful when making banana bread recipes, banana muffins, etc.
US Cups to Tablespoons – Baking Conversion
- 1 Cup = 16 Tablespoons
- 1/2 Cup = 8 Tablespoons
- 1/4 Cup = 4 Tablespoons
US Cups to Fluid Ounces – Baking Conversion
- 1 Cup = 8 Fluid Ounces
- 1/2 Cup = 4 Fluid Ounces
- 1/4 Cup = 2 Fluid Ounces
US Cups to Millilitres – Baking Conversion
- 1 Cup = 237 Millilitres (actually 236.6)
- 1/2 Cup = 118 Millilitres
- 1/4 Cup = 59 Millilitres
Tablespoons to Teaspoons – Baking Conversion
- 8 Tablespoons = 24 Teaspoons
- 4 Tablespoons = 12 Teaspoons
- 2 Tablespoons = 6 Teaspoons
- 1 Tablespoon = 3 Teaspoons
Tablespoons to Millilitres – Baking Conversion
- 8 Tablespoons = 118 Millilitres
- 4 Tablespoons = 59 Millilitres
- 2 Tablespoons = 30 Millilitres
- 1 Tablespoon = 15 Millilitres
Teaspoons to Millilitres – Baking Conversion
- 8 Teaspoons = 39 Millilitres
- 4 Teaspoons = 20 Millilitres
- 2 Teaspoons = 10 Millilitres
- 1 Teaspoon = 5 Millilitres
Baking Measurement Calculator
If you need to find any other conversions (i.e. how many millilitres or tablespoons are in 5 and 2/3 cups), you should use this Google Volume Calculator.