Here are a number of online classes that will help you to learn a variety of basic & advanced bread making skills. These classes teach things like how to make artisan breads, sourdough breads, flatbreads, gluten free breads and much more. Moreover, these courses are taught by well known chefs & instructors. You will also find classes & courses on how to make cookies, cheese cakes, pastries, etc.
At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via the links below. These courses are provided by Craftsy.
Online Bread Making Classes
- Artisan Bread Making – This course lasts for approximately 5:24 hours and you will learn “the 12 stages of bread making and learn trade secrets for measuring, mixing, proofing and baking six different types of bread, including supple French bread, rich marble rye and a sweet chocolate babka”. The course is taught by Peter Reinhart, award-winning author of “The Bread Baker’s Apprentice”.
- Artisan Bread in Minutes – This course lasts for approximately 2:24 hours. It covers breads such as olive-stuffed couronne, cheesy boule, baguettes, bâtards, Indian naan and pita bread.
- Handmade Sourdough: From Starter to Baked Loaf – This course lasts for approximately 2:09 hours. It looks at how to “Create and care for your starter so that you’re always ready to make fresh, flavorful bread. Learn alternative fermentation methods to speed up or slow down the process, making bread baking more realistic for your modern schedule. Master the classic French sourdough, pain au levain. Discover how versatile sourdough is by working your way through olive focaccia, rosemary and olive fougasses, whole-grain and tangy rye breads.”
- Bake Your Best: Sweet Yeast Breads, Challah & More – This course lasts for approximately 2:18 hours. It is taught by the Bread Monk… Father Dominic Garramone. It covers things such as “coffee cakes and fruit-filled pastries to braided challah”.
- Bake Your Own Bagels, Bialys & Pretzels – This course lasts for approximately 1:55 hours. Baker Sim Cass teaches you how to make bagels, savory bialys and chewy pretzels.
- Baking With the Gluten-Free Girl – This course lasts for approximately 1:56 hours. It covers topics such as how to make gluten free sandwich bread, artisan bread, pizza dough, banana bread, chocolate chip cookies, etc.
- Baking With Herbs & Spices – This course lasts for approximately 2:18 hours. It covers things like cast iron skillet breads, savory side breads, summer & fall breads, etc. Taught by expert baker “Father Dominic” Garramone.
- Focaccia & Flatbreads From Around the World – This course lasts for approximately 2:13 hours. It covers breads such as focaccia, Tuscan schiacciata, naan, tortillas, pita chips, etc.
- Homemade Holiday Breads – This course lasts for approximately 2:00 hours. It covers how to make “a braided challah wreath, bakery-worthy panettone, homemade dinner rolls”, cornbreads, biscuits, etc.
- Secrets to Whole-Grain Bread Baking – This class lasts for approximately 3:03 hours. It covers whole grain “breads, including raisin whole-wheat swirls, rustic whole-grain boules and even multi-seed bâtards”.
- The Art & Science of Bread – This class lasts for approximately 2:26 hours. It looks at the science behind bread making. It covers things like gluten, fermentation, shaping, proofing, etc. Great if you want to really understand the technical aspects of bread making.
Related Baking Classes
- Show-Stopping Cheesecakes – This course lasts for approximately 1:56 hours. “Best-selling cookbook author, blogger and instructor Zoë François is your guide as you explore all the elements that will allow you to create your own show-stopping cheesecakes.”
- Cinnamon Rolls: Classic to Contemporary – This course lasts for approximately 2:18 hours. You learn how to make amazing cinnamon rolls from scratch by “James Beard Award-nominated cookbook author Judith Fertig”.
- Coffee Shop Cakes: Good to the Last Crumb – This class lasts for approximately 2:29 hours. With his class, you “Learn how to bake the best breakfast cakes around with insider tips and techniques from bestselling cookbook author and Bakepedia founder, Dédé Wilson”. She looks at baked goods such as “cinnamon crumb cake, three types of pound cakes (classic, marbled and lemon poppy seed), decadent streusel, blueberry muffins and bundt cakes”.
- Classic Croissants, Modern Techniques – This class lasts for approximately 1:48 hours. It teaches “four mouth-watering recipes, from the traditional to savory to sweet almond-filled pastries”.
- Danish Pastries From Scratch – This class lasts for approximately 2:53 hours. You learn about Danish pastries such as “cream cheese, streusel and bear claw”.
- Simple to Sensational Doughnuts – This class lasts for approximately 1:48 hours. This class is taught by the well-known pastry chef Jenny McCoy.
- Advanced Flaky French Pastries – This class lasts for approximately 2:17 hours.
- Let’s Decorate: Gingerbread House – This class lasts for approximately 1:05 hours. “Expert cookie artist Stephanie Kappel guides you step by step to create a homemade gingerbread house with piped door frames, window panes and more”.
- Secrets of Gluten-Free Baking – This course lasts for approximately 2:22 hours and covers gluten free bread, gluten free cookies, gluten free pancakes, etc.
- Rose’s Heavenly Cookies: Tips & Techniques – Learn how to make irresistible drop, shaped, rolled and filled cookies with guidance from renowned baker Rose Levy Beranbaum. This course lasts for approximate 1:57 hours.
- Exploring Chocolate Cakes, Fillings & Frostings – This baking course lasts for approximately 3:34 hours. It is taught by executive pastry chef Josh Johnson.
Other Online Cooking Classes
- Air Fryer Essentials
- Asian Dumplings from Scratch
- Asian Noodle Essentials: Pad Thai, Ramen & More
- Chinese Takeout Favorites: Fresh at Home
- Indian Curries: The Basics & Beyond
- Indian Restaurant Favorites: Fresh at Home
- Classic Italian Pasta Sauces: Meat & Tomato
- Cooking the Northern Italian Way
- Homemade Italian Pasta
- Japanese Classics: Teriyaki, Tempura & More
- Latin American Street Food: Empanadas, Arepas & Tostadas
- Mexican Comfort Food: Enchiladas, Tamales & Rellenos
- Essentials of Mexican Cooking
- Mexican Street Food: Tacos & Salsas
- Southern Classics at Home – Grits, fried chicken, pulled pork barbeque, etc.
- Everyday Thai Cooking
- Vietnamese Classics: Pho, Noodles & Beyond
Related Bread Dad Recipes